Saturday, November 11, 2017

Her Infidelity


LIFETIME MOVIES

As someone who enjoy Lifetime TV movies and LMN (Lifetime Movie Network) movies I'm always seeking movies I haven't seen before. There was a time I had seen all the movies on either Lifetime channels. However, with us getting rid of DVR and me watching Saturday Night Football (college) I missed a lot of the movies. And working full time does not allot a lot of time for movie watching during the day.


BAD ACTING, BAD WRITING AND SOMETIMES CHEESY

Lifetime movies are not known for their great acting nor great writing and at times cheesy, but I have to admit they are good, if you can get past the fore mentioned.


PREMISE SOUNDS GOOD

This is how I select my Lifetime movies, by the premise. Well, this is how we select all our movies, isn't it. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't. And this time it didn't at all.

The premise of Her Infidelity is this: A woman feeling down about her marriage has a one-night stand with her son's teacher. Sounds simple right? Of course it does. And since it said "her son's teacher" I was thinking teen age son. But noooooooooo. The son is in grade school so the teacher is probably in his late 20's, right? Well the mother looks like she's in her 40's. Yeah, she looked old. There are people that look great at that age, so I'm not knocking the age at all. I shouldn't since I'm so old I can tell you about Noah's Ark from personal experience. But I digress.


WHAT WENT WRONG?

Besides everything? The connection/chemistry between the wife and husband was off not to mention the acting between the two was just horrid. The son's acting was even worse. He sounded like he was reading his lines instead of speaking them. The only good acting was from the psychopath teacher and that's from facial expressions to his actual acting. The best friend in the movie was one of those you were hoping the psychopath would kill so there would be one less torturous character to have to deal with.


CHANGE THE CHANNEL IF IT'S THAT BAD

Yeah, I could change the channel but as mentioned these movies are good if get past everything I just mentioned. But sometimes the movie is just so bad that even the premise starts to seem like a bad idea.


WHO WRITES THIS STUFF

I always wonder who writes these horrible movies and why Lifetime picks them up. I wonder how many stations have the writers pitched their ideas to before they went to Lifetime? I'm starting to think that Lifetime is the starting point for most writers, producers and actors/actresses. I know it may sound like I'm bashing Lifetime movies, but I'm really not. I'm just bashing this one.
For the most part, Lifetime (both channels) have some really good movies despite the bad acting. Unwanted Guest is a prime example of this.


UNWANTED GUEST

Premise: When Amy has nowhere to go for winter break, her friend Christine insists she come stay with her family. What begins as a dream situation turns into a nightmare when Amy starts to obsess and wreak havoc on her welcoming hosts (imbd.com).

Here's another movie with a good premise that I thought would find worth watching and it was. Again, the only good acting was done by Amy. The mother was pretty descent as was the father, but the daughter, Christine, was just awful. However, the writing and directing was well done that you overlooked a lot. If you can find this movie, it's worth the watch.

THE THINGS YOU LEARN

While researching this movie I learned that the mother was played by Rachel Hunter. If that names sounds familiar it's because she used to be married to Rod Stewart. But that doesn't give her the right to think she can act, does it? See, now I'm being hard on the woman. She did her best with what she was given, both script wise and directing wise.


OVER ALL

I disliked the movie. The potential was definitely there, especially given the premise. As with all Lifetime movies (both channels) it had a happy ending. This is the cheesy part of these movies, but sometimes they are done well and sometimes they are done so cheesy you quickly grab the remote and change the channel to anything.
__________________________________________

HER INFIDELITY

Country: CANADALanguage: EnglishRelease Date: 22 April 2015 (Canada)Also Known As: InfedeleStars: Rachel Hunter (the mother), Clayton Chitty (the teacher) and Lane Edwards (the husband)Written By: Alan Donahue and Christine Will
Directed By: Christine Will

Even the trailer looks inviting:

No comments:

Post a Comment